Robb Report hosted its first annual family Health & Wellness Summit on the weekend of July 30 - August 2, 2015. One hundred families made their way to Deer Valley, Utah, to immerse themselves in an exploration of the coolest new health and wellness developments.
Guests got to hear from presenting physicians ranging from Dr. Jeffrey Cummings, who spoke on boosting brain longevity, to Dr. Paula Johnson, who discussed heart health. Also present were a range of wellness experts—including Erika Bloom, founder of Erika Bloom Pilates; Mallika Chopra, an expert on mindfulness and mediation (who also happens to be the daughter of Deepak Chopra); and boxer and author George Foreman III.
In between seminars, those at the summit enjoyed all that the beautiful Montage Resort and Spa had to offer. Wine tasting, paddle board yoga, mountain biking, and gluten-free cooking classes were only a few of the many activities offered at the summit.
Our top five takeaways from the summit:
1) Mallika Chopra’s 15 second meditation tip: stop, focus on your breath, and proceed.
2) Ballroom dancing is great for your brain health, according to Dr. Kate Zhong, whose research focuses on neurodegenerative disorders.
3) Dr. Michael Roizen’s insight into stress: “It’s not the event that’s causing the stress. It’s your reaction to it."
4) Boxing keeps your brain sharp: George Foreman III notes the benefits of responding to external stimuli with your whole body working in sync.
5) The secret to satisfying, healthy snacking: protein, fiber, or both—plus heart-healthy fat—keep you and your body happy, according to author and nutrition expert Joy Bauer.
With an emphasis on both physical and mental wellbeing, this year's Robb Report Heath & Wellness Summit delivered an experience not to be forgotten, leaving guests refreshed and feeling healthier than ever. We’re eagerly anticipating what’s to come in the following years!