Whether he's carting the kids to soccer practice or organizing a family beach day, Dad's always on the move. This Father's Day, take some time to celebrate everything that he does. Check out our top ten gift picks for the active dad, and be sure to comment letting us know what you're getting Dad this year!
- Trakke Backpack:
If Dad loves hiking, Trakke has his back. The UK company has designed (and made by hand!) a variety of backpacks and messenger bags with simplicity and durability in mind. All of the products are created with weather-friendly waxed cotton, and they each feature a minimalist design so that Dad can enjoy light excursions or dress it up for more high-intensity adventures!
- Patagonia Sun Tee:
Is your dad the type to spend hours out in the sun? Patagonia has developed apparel that will protect him from having to slather on aloe vera the next day! Not only does this tee include a UPF of 50+, but it also incorporates Polygiene® permanent odor control for those especially hot summer days.
- The Morph Collapsible Foam Roller: If there’s one product that every active dad definitely needs, it’s Brazyn Life’s collapsible foam roller. This foam roller surpasses anything else on the market; not only does it offer the full functionality of a roller, but it also collapses, making storage and portability a breeze. Even better, it’s lightweight, strong, and constructed from eco-friendly materials!
- Shinola "The Runwell" Watch:
Dad's on the hunt for adventure, but he's still got a schedule to stick to. All of Shinola's timepieces deliver premium design and functionality – our pick is The Runwell 47MM. Boasting details like a laser-etched case back and an etched lightning bolt on the buckle, The Runwell is sure to impress (and keep Dad on time for everything from meetings to baseball games). And, we love the story behind this Detroit-based brand.
- GoPro: A GoPro is the perfect gift for dads who are looking for a way to combine action-packed adventure and memories all into one portable device. The GoPro Hero5 Black is a waterproof, simple-to-use camera that features voice control and can be mounted just about anywhere to capture every adventure as it happens. Dad’s days of fidgeting with camera phones or (gasp) camcorders are over!
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Running Shoes: For the dad who digs movement and design, you can’t beat this running shoe. In addition to its top-of-the-line functionality and comfort, the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 iD offers cool customization options so that you can make Dad’s new shoe one of a kind.
- ChiliPad Mattress Cooler: Dad will really thank you for this one. The ChiliPad covers your mattress and is attached to a temperature regulation system called the ChiliPad Cube. The ChiliPad also comes in single or dual zone pads, so different areas of the bed can be set to different temperatures! This produce is great for helping the dad who’s always active get all of his much-needed rest.
- RinseKit: RinseKit is a surfer (and overall adventure) dad’s dream come true. The pressurized portable shower, which is the only product of its kind, can be taken just about anywhere. RinseKit offers a pressurized spray for up to four minutes—perfect for washing off all the post-surf sand before loading into the car. The kit’s easy-to-remove lid and light weight allow for easy, on-the-go use for all the busy dads out there!
- 10th Mountain Rye Whiskey: This Vail, Colorado whiskey is perfect for the outdoorsy dad who also appreciates his time relaxing with a drink. Named for the Army's 10th Mountain Division – the division that’s trained to fight in snow – this whiskey is sure to inspire Dad's adventurous spirit.
- FluidStance Deck: We couldn't resist including our own products here, because we really do think they're the perfect gift for a dad in motion. Gift Dad a FluidStance deck to transform desk time, TV time, or cooking time into wellness time. Our decks' subtle motion will allow him to avoid a sedentary lifestyle (and the health dangers associated with one!) while focusing on the task at hand. Win-win!