One of our favorite new holidays is this Saturday, November 28: Small Business Saturday! FluidStance® is founded on the principle of supporting small, local businesses. Purchasing locally reduces the environmental impact of shipping products, supports local infrastructure, and builds up communities. At FluidStance, we assemble all of our products in our Santa Barbara, California, warehouse, and we source nearly all of our materials from California or the greater US. As a small business, we believe in supporting other small, local businesses. Check out a few of our favorite places to #ShopSmall here in Santa Barbara:
1) Lucky Penny: There’s no better place to grab a wood-fired pizza, a hot latte, or a glass of wine than at Lucky Penny in Santa Barbara’s Funk Zone. The unique combination pizzeria and coffee shop serves up artisanal food and drink and can be found in the parking lot next to The Lark—just look for a facade covered in pennies!
2) Warbler Records & Goods: This one-stop shop for all of your music needs features CDs, cassette tapes, vinyl records, and record players, as well as a small assortment of gift-able tchotchkes. The well-curated indie record store has a helpful staff and wide selection that makes Warbler a fun, vibrant local business.
3) Plum Goods: If you’re visiting Santa Barbara and looking to take home a piece of paradise, Plum Goods is your shop. Its unique, handmade products set it apart from other gift shops, making it a place where even SB locals can stop in to support local artists.
4) Santa Barbara Public Market: Home to an assortment of delicious offerings, the SB Public Market boasts “an ardent focus on local farms and artisanal ingredients” that’s not lost on anyone who visits the market. Sit down for a bowl of pho at the Empty Bowl or peruse the market shelves for a snack on-the-go.
5) The Blue Door: Stepping into The Blue Door and seeing the floors and walls lined in vintage goods is like entering a portal back in time. Whether you’re shopping for home furniture, jewelry, art, or a gift for the most selective person on your holiday list, you’re sure to find something in this shop’s three stories of finely-selected treasures.