As the year comes to a close, we want to celebrate just a few of the inspirational stories that moved us emotionally and have encouraged us to #keepmoving in 2016. We’re posting one story each day on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, but we’re giving you a sneak peek here on our blog. Also be sure to enter our giveaway (through December 12, 2016) for a chance to win a FluidStance Quad System ($496-$596), an annual subscription to Desk Yogi ($150), or a hip limited-edition FluidStance tee-shirt (priceless)!
- California powers a record-breaking 6 million homes with solar energy.
- The Chicago Cubs win the World Series for the first time in 108 years.
- A San Francisco company is helping us learn more about predispositions hidden in our DNA.
- The world’s tiger population is growing for the first time in 100 years.
- Colin O’Brady broke records completing the incredibly challenging Explorers Grand Slam.
- Volunteers in India planted a record-breaking 50 million trees in a single day.
- The money raised by the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has actually led to medical breakthroughs.
- The Rio Olympics brought the world together this summer.
- We’re one step closer to exploring Mars in the Orion Spacecraft.
- Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan pledged $3 billion to fighting disease.
- The hole in the Antarctic ozone layer is beginning to heal.
- Brad Ludden, founder of FluidStance’s partner First Descents, was nominated as a Top Ten CNN Hero.
We want to help you be moved well into the new year, too! Be sure to enter our #BeMoved Giveaway before it’s too late, and share the giveaway with your friends to earn more entries and more chances to win. Good luck! Look for more stories that moved us in the future.